Saturday, May 10, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

On Thursday I told the boys that I thought we should probably spend--at least part of--our normal afternoon out looking for a Mother's Day gift for...their mother.

Seeing that we were in her vehicle (because it already looked like one that a 4 year-old and 6 year-old boy lived in!) and it was nearly on empty I decided to fill it up with gas while the young men made their decision as to what that wanted to get for their mother for Mother's Day and where they wanted to look for it.

Upon returning to the aforementioned vehicle, I asked where they wanted to go. To which (as you can imagine) the answers were quite self-serving. Again, I reminded these two young men who I assure you DO love their mother very much, that Sunday was Mother's Day and we should probably find a gift for her while we still had time. Once more I asked, "what do you want to get her?"

No lie, the next thing I heard was...

"We put gas in her car!"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think with the price of gas today that might be as good a gift as someone could receive. I heard recently that a company gave all their employees a free tank of gas and they were thrilled. Pop Pop