Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Cake Feet

Do you remember that Saturday Night Live sketch with Mary Cathrine Galliger, the Catholic school girl who put her fingers in her armpits and smelled them when she got nervous? I use to think that was just a grossly humorous fictionalized character. However, let me share what I heard from my 5-year-old tonight, who shall remain nameless for the appearance of protecting the ... guilty.

"My socks smell like cake. They REALLY smell like cake! Smell them."

"Ah, no thank you!" responds the polite father.

"REALLY, they smell like cake! Smell my socks."

"No, that's just stinky feet" replies the father slightly more realistic.

"Whoa, it's my feet. They smell like cake. My feet smell like cake."

"I do NOT want to smell your feet!" insist the father.

"My shoes smell like cake, too!"

All I can say is, 'Thank God for little brothers who are willing to believe anything a big brother says and smell socks, shoes and feet that supposedly smell like cake!'

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We would like to know what receipe the mother is using for cake?